Return of the Rotunda

posted on May 14, 2014


After some months enveloped in a cage of scaffolding, Hagley Park’s Rotunda once more stands proud at the top of the Park, adorned with a splendid new stone roof. The building, dating from 1747, was originally designed by John Pitt of Encombe and sited to terminate the vista from the Palladian Bridge. Its stone roof, far less common in English garden architecture, presents a more primitive Palladian character. Previously on the Heritage at Risk register, a grant from English Heritage has enabled the preservation of this wonderful Grade II * listed eyecatcher.

Enjoy the view

Joe Hawkins

Leave a Comment

Fields with * are required.